It’s Wedding Wednesday! As you plan your wedding celebration, be sure to take time with your soon-to-be Mr. (or Mrs.) to create a music list. Keep in mind that the songs that you select will be create an ambiance for some of the most importation moments of your life! Here’s a list of songs that you’ll need for your BIG day:
Danyel & Darnell, Ben Q. Photography
– Prelude Music (while guests are being seated)
– Processional (as the wedding party enters the ceremony)
– Bride’s Grand Entrance
– Ceremony Music (unity candle, The Lord’s Prayer, solo, etc)
– Recessional (as the wedding party exits the ceremony)
– Will you hire a pianist or string quartet? Will your DJ play soft jazz? This list should include light, feel-good music! This is the perfect time to play music that you love but can’t quite dance to. Cocktail hour music will be the backdrop to great conversation, light hors d’oeuvres, and signature cocktails!
Adriana & Jonathan, Ben Q. Photography
– Grand Entrance (as the wedding party and newlyweds enter her the reception)
– First Dance
– Father-Daughter Dance
– Mother-Son Dance
– Dance Floor Opener (to get guests up and moving)
– Cake Cutting
– Bouquet Toss
– Garter Removal/Garter Toss (Yes, these activities call for 2 separate songs!)
– Last Song
As you map out your wedding day music list, note the song title and the artist. (Keep in mind that some songs have several versions.) Your DJ and wedding planner should be able to offer a bit of guidance as your search for the perfect songs! Be sure to consider your favorite artists, crowd pleasers, must-play lists, and (if necessary) do not play lists!
In addition to your wedding day, be sure to consider music for other wedding-related festivities including the Engagement Party, Bridal Shower, Bachelor/Bachelorette Party, Rehearsal Dinner, and Post-Wedding Day Brunch.
What’s on your wedding day must-play music list? I’d love to know!