If you’ve already checked off that last box on your wedding planning to-do list that you printed off The Knot, kudos to you!! I’m sure you’re anticipating the arrival of your BIG day!
You ask, “Why should I hire a wedding coordinator now?” You’ve spent the last year planning all the details for one of the most important days of your life. Why not hire someone to review all of those contracts and orchestrate the final product?
Many wedding planners, including me, offer “Month-Of” coordination. Each company has its own special name for this package and will begin working with you 4-6 weeks prior to your wedding date. This package usually consists of, but not limited to, the following:
PreWedding Day –
* Initial walk-through of selected ceremony and reception site
* Vendor referrals for those not yet secured
* Review of vendor contracts
* Detailed itinerary for vendors, service providers, and wedding party
* Rehearsal direction and instruction
Actual Wedding Day –
* Receiving deliveries and greeting vendors
* Lining up and cuing wedding party for processional
* Making sure the marriage license is signed by you and the officiant
* Coordinating with music entertainment for grand entrance, cake cutting, etc
* Coordinating with photographer to make sure specific pics are taking
* Assuring that gifts, cake toppers, and personal items are taken to designated location
* And the list goes on…
Your wedding day should be a time for you, your family, and friends to enjoy this memorious occasion. Your mom, sister, and bridesmaids should be there to assist and support you – not decorate, run around, and sweat! I’d hate to hear that your mom missed you putting on your gorgeous gown because she was setting up centerpieces or talking to the caterer.
I’m not saying this just because I’m a wedding planner, but I definitely believe that you should have a coordinator there to assist you in the final stages prior to your wedding day. I’m sure many other brides would agree! Regardless of what company you choose, it’ll definitely be worth the investment – or budget adjustment, if necessary!
Did you hire a wedding planner? Would you recommend that other brides hire a planner? I’d love to hear your thoughts!