We are officially in bridal show season! The Dallas Bridal Show will be at Dallas Market Hall this weekend. This is a super exciting time for couples in love… and the bride’s mom, of course!
As you prepare to attend a Bridal Show, there a few things that you should keep in mind:
* Wear comfortable (cute) shoes. You’ll be on your feet for hours meeting with wedding vendors. Make sure your feet don’t hinder you from visiting all of your desired booths.
* Register in advance. Most bridal shows offer coupons and a discounted entry fee for brides who register in advance.
* Register for the giveaways. Some vendors will be giving away wedding services and favors. This will help you check off a few items from your bridal to-do list… and save you a bit of money.
* Most vendors will want to follow up after meeting you at a bridal show. Create a separate email address for wedding vendors to contact you. This is a great way to keep you organized.
* Pack a few snacks and a bottle of water. This will help keep you refreshed and energized.
* If you’ve already purchased your wedding gown, you may want to skip the fashion show. You’ll have a better opportunity of getting to vendors without long lines while everyone else is watching the show.
* Don’t feel obligated to sign any contracts just because a vendor is offering an on the spot discount. Instead, bring your pocket planner so you can set up initial consultations. You want to make sure that your wedding vendors are compatible with you and your wedding vision.
* Bring your fiance! Most soon-to-be brides go to bridal shows with their mom or maid of honor. It’s great to have that feminine support but even though you’ll have the spotlight for the day, it’s his day too! Let your honey get in on some of the planning action. It’ll be a lot more fun than he actually thinks!
* Last but not least, have fun!! Don’t allow yourself to get overwhelmed with information. After all, planning your wedding is a once in a lifetime event!